Frank, Rimerman University
The firm is committed to offering ongoing professional development opportunities to each employee through Frank, Rimerman University (FRU).
The mission of FRU is to foster a unique learning community that facilitates professional and personal development, enhances premier client service, and contributes to the firm's current and future success. Each year, FRU hosts a variety of technical and non-technical trainings for our employees. We also encourage employees to take external training courses to further their development.
Here are some of the resources available to our employees:
- Continuing Professional Development. FRU educates employees on technical topics, firm management, and also places an emphasis on personal development through soft-skills training. As one's career progresses in the firm, they also have the opportunity to lead trainings to enhance their leadership capabilities.
- Training Resources. We have a state-of-the art training facility in our Palo Alto office. Employees have knowledge available to them via live learning, webcasts, and on-demand archived trainings.
- On-the-job training. All new employees receive a comprehensive overview of the firm structure and on-the-job training in tax, assurance and advisory, accounting services, general business consulting, and technology solutions.
- Mentors. Each employee is assigned a career mentor/counselor who is responsible for helping the employee navigate his or her career development and advancement.
- Library. The Firm maintains an excellent library and subscribes to a broad range of technical and professional journals in areas such as taxes, auditing, accounting theory, accounting systems, industry practices, management, finance, personnel, and other related areas.
- CPA Exam and License Renewals. We provide associates with a CPA review course and work with each individual person to create a pass plan. CPAs receive continuous support to ensure they meet their renewal requirements each year.
- Tuition and CPE reimbursement. We reimburse your tuition for eligible classes, such as Masters in Taxation courses at San Jose State and Golden Gate universities. We also encourage employees to take outside courses in areas of interest, including programs with the CalCPA Education Foundation and AICPA conferences.