Michael J. Yates - Tax
"It is tremendously rewarding to provide creative solutions from an initial idea to an exit strategy. We strive to arrange the optimal execution of each transaction every step of the way."
Mike is a partner in the firm’s Tax Practice, working primarily out of our San Jose office. He specializes in providing tax consulting services to companies in transition including initial financing, international expansion and exit strategies. He is experienced in advising business owners on the most advantageous tax strategies for a merger, acquisition or sale of a business. Mike also has extensive experience in advising entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals in the areas of tax planning, asset protection planning, estate planning, stock option strategies, risk management, and investment analysis. He is the trusted advisor and CFO for a small number of high net-worth clients. He is highly effective at building his clients’ wealth by minimizing or eliminating income, gift, and estate taxes. Mike has over 36 years of experience in providing tax and financial planning services to companies, entrepreneurs, executives, employees, and tax exempt entities.
- B.S. University of California, Santa Barbara
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member and Former President of the Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council