Top 5 New Sage Intacct Features – 2021 Release 4
Corinne Flores, Frank, Rimerman Consulting’s Solution Engineer here and this is my breakdown of the Top 5 Highlights (plus a couple of bonuses) that will make a difference in how you use Sage Intacct.
1. Reporting – Schedule delivery to follow GL Close
Is one of your closing tasks a reminder to send out post close reports? Now Sage Intacct can do that for you automatically. You can configure scheduled reports to run when the close is competed.
2. Accounts Payable – Simplified access to Attachments
No longer do you have to open the AP Bill to access the attachments. Now you can open them directly from the Bills list whether there is one or more attachments. When there’s an attachment, a paperclip icon will show in the list and by clicking on it the attachment list will open.
3. AR & AP – View posting details in transactions!
The Posting Details tab is now available in AR & AP transactions to easily view and validate how the transaction posted.
- With this release Posting details have been added to Accounts Receivable (Invoices, Customer Advances, Posted Payments) and Accounts Payable (Bills, Adjustments, Posted Payments).
- Previous releases added this feature to Order Entry, Purchasing and Cash Management modules
4. Advanced CRM Integration – Create Statistical Journals
Would your Sage Intacct financial reports be more informative with greater visibility into sales information? The Advanced CRM Integration now provides you with the ability to create Statistical Journal Entries directly from Salesforce data. Your reports or dashboards could include information such as opportunity win/loss ratios automatically.
5. AP & AR – Detailed offset account totals in GL report
The General Ledger report now shows the positive and negative amounts for the offset accounts (Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable) to improve the information provided from the report. Previously the report showed the net amounts only. Now, if you have a discount amount on a transaction, both the positive and negative amounts are shown grouped by any shared dimensions.
1. Just so you don’t get lost… Budgets are now a menu item (not in the GL menu). Budgets are now called Budget Repository. The Budget Planning link connects you to Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning.
2. For our Nonprofit clients… Check out one click release of purpose-based restricted funds functionality to automate the release and maintain snapshot of the calculations.
AND THERE IS MUCH MORE… be sure to review all the 2021 R4 Release Notes to find the features that will benefit you!