“When a new client tells me our services were well worth the money because our entire team understands their business and approaches the project in a creative and intelligent manner, I know we’ve accomplished our goal of developing top-level talent that delivers real value to our clients.”
Brian has been serving the clients and staff of Frank, Rimerman, in many capacities, for over thirty years. Brian strives to sustain a culture where people can flourish and achieve the deep fulfillment of making an impact, being of value and extending the success of others.
We have remarkable clients who are positively changing our world in dramatic ways. In leading the Firm, Brian helps team members understand how their efforts contribute to the Firm’s impact on client success. Brian aligns our leadership decisions with our core values to ensure we perpetuate a culture that serves our clients, our team and our community with pride.
Throughout his career, he has served clients in a variety of industries with technical accounting, financial reporting, corporate governance, risk management and business advisory services. He has served as an expert witness in a variety of litigation cases involving complex financial matters, including marital dissolutions, fraud, and damage computations. Brian has presented at national conferences on complex technical issues, including revenue recognition, stock compensation, and international accounting issues.
Brian’s expertise includes:
- Propagating the culture of the firm
- Developing leadership programs, including coaching and mindfulness
- Facilitating the strategic direction of the firm
- Coaching emerging leaders
- Applying organizational development techniques to facilitate positive change
Our clients operate in a global economy and Brian invests deeply in our global network, Baker Tilly in order to bring global expertise to our clients. Baker Tilly is one of the ten largest networks of accountancy and business advisory worldwide. Brian serves on the International Board of Directors and various other governance committees to contribute to the leadership and vitality of the network.
When away from the office, Brian spends most of his time with his wife and two young children, endeavoring to raise well-adjusted, resilient, independent-thinking humans. Brian enjoys going to the theatre, attending live music events, and can’t wait until his children get old enough for him to get back to sailing on the Bay. He has been known to sometimes disappear into his workshop to spend quality time with his woodworking tools.
Brian’s professional and community involvement has included:
- Syracuse University
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Baker Tilly International
- Member of the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee of Children’s Day School, an independent school in San Francisco
- Past Co-chair of Syracuse University’s (Brian’s alma mater) San Francisco Regional Advisory Council
- Past Chairman of the AICPA National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium Planning Committee
- Past Board Member and Chairman of the Finance Committee for the Palo Alto Art Center Foundation