Anne F. Macdonald - Tax
"I love hearing about the unique passions and concerns of each individual, as well as counseling individuals and generations of families as they plan their life financial goals. Our understanding of the issues that are important to our clients helps us to give them peace of mind and become their trusted advisor."
Anne is a partner in the firm’s Tax Practice, working primarily out of our Palo Alto office. She specializes in financial planning to minimize income, gift and estate tax for high net worth individuals and their families, and has over 32 years of experience in public accounting. Her in-depth knowledge of estate planning is drawn from her extensive experience with family limited partnerships, defective grantor trusts, charitable remainder trusts and other wealth preservation techniques. Anne also provides concentrated stock and stock option planning and advises real estate entities on matters such as entity formations, sales, and like-kind exchanges. Her clients include CEO’s and officers of public and pre-IPO companies, real estate developers, venture capitalists, and other entrepreneurs and their families.
- M.S. in Taxation, Golden Gate University
- B.S. University of Oregon
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Castilleja School: Distinguished Alumnae, 1995; Trustee, 1995-2001
- Board member for Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Audit Committee Chair
- Board member for Menlo Country Club, 2009-2012
- Membership Committee for Menlo Country Club