Stephen M. Baroni - Accounting and CFO Advisory & Frank, Rimerman Consulting
"It is exciting to work with entrepreneurs, and help them develop the financial and business strategies for launching their ideas. And it's rewarding to be part of a team of people that perform the important roles we serve for our clients with commitment and passion."
As head of the firm’s Service to Business Division, Steve serves as partner-in-charge of the Accounting and CFO Advisory Group, as well as Frank, Rimerman Consulting.
With more than 28 years of experience providing accounting, auditing, and business advisory services to early and mid-stage technology companies, Steve leads the Firm’s Accounting and CFO Advisory Group providing part time accounting, controller and CFO services for startup companies and privately held businesses. Over the last 17 years, he has served as part time CFO for a number of early stage, venture-backed companies in the software, internet, mobile, semiconductor, computer hardware, and life science industries. His areas of expertise include establishing the finance and administrative infrastructure for rapidly growing companies, financial modeling, operating plan development, debt and equity financing, software revenue recognition, setup and management of international operations, sales operations, and stock option accounting. Steve also leads Frank, Rimerman Consulting, the firm’s business systems consulting practice, delivering comprehensive business process analysis and optimized solutions for our clients. Steve spent the first 10 years of his career in our Assurance and Advisory practice, primarily serving companies in the software, semiconductor, and internet industries.
- B.S. Santa Clara University
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member of the Finance Committee and Board of Directors for the Catholic Community Foundation of Santa Clara County
- Current member and past chair of Santa Clara University Accounting Advisory Board
- Named Accounting Alumni of the Year for 2014, Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business
- Previous board member and finance chair for YMCA at Camp Jones Gulch