Candace L. Vaughn - Assurance and Advisory
"The rapid pace of changing technology and borderless economies create unique challenges and opportunities for all companies. Our clients rely on us as their trusted business partners to provide the information needed to react timely so they can focus on building a successful business. My ultimate reward is seeing clients succeed."
Candy specializes in providing audit and business consulting services to closely held and venture back companies, including technology, distribution, professional services, investment companies and not-for-profit entities, employee benefit plans and private foundations. Her areas of expertise include assisting clients in merger and acquisition transactions, strategic planning, entity structure services, financial reporting and complex accounting issues such as revenue recognition, equity accounting and valuation issues. Candy serves as the engagement partner for most of the firm’s not-for-profit organizations and all the firm’s private foundations. She is also the partner-in-charge of the firm’s employee benefit plan (ERISA) practice. She has 19 years of public accounting and assurance experience ranging from large privately-held professional service companies to pre-IPO software and high-tech venture-backed companies.
- B.S. in Accounting, San Jose State University
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Named a CalCPA Woman to Watch in 2010
- Previous Board member for Girl Scouts of Northern California (GSNC) and CalCPA
- Previous Audit Committee and Finance member of GSNC