Melanie A. Kidder - Accounting and CFO Advisory
Melanie Kidder combines straight-forward communication with over twenty-two years of finance experience to garner consistent results for her clients. She works with clients to quickly identify problems, prioritize urgent matters, and lay out options in simple terms that make sense.
In conjunction with her accounting experience at a biotech and SaaS start-up, Melanie began her career in Frank, Rimerman’s Assurance and Advisory department, which includes four years auditing privately-held companies and employee retirement plans. As a member of the ACFO Group, Melanie provides part-time CFO or VP of Finance services, primarily for early and mid-stage venture backed companies.
Melanie’s expertise includes:
- managing start-up operations
- accounting and business processes
- system implementation and conversion
- financial reporting and reporting for Board of Directors
- stock option and equity accounting
- audit and due diligence preparation
- budgeting, international operations, and consolidation (domestic and foreign)
- human resources assistance and staff training
- expertise in the SaaS industry (Software as a Service)
Melanie believes that digging deep and forming relationships with a team or organization brings the most impactful results. She is forthcoming about the real problems she detects and the most pragmatic solutions. Over time, she becomes a trusted partner and resource who helps clients understand the pros and cons before making sensitive financial decisions.
Outside of the firm, Melanie actively supports the parent teacher association at her son’s school for which she has held multiple executive Board member roles. She loves dogs—especially her two German Shepherds. She gets to the beach and 49ers games as often as she can.
A graduate of Santa Clara University with a degree in Accounting, Melanie has been a licensed CPA since 2000. A few of her professional distinctions and accomplishments include:
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Recognition in 2012 as an Emerging Leader in CalCPA Women to Watch
- Intacct Certified Services Provider