Nelly Spieler - Assurance and Advisory
"It takes a diverse team to deliver value to clients in the vanguard of the technological revolution. Our team at Frank, Rimerman is deeply immersed in the Silicon Valley culture of innovation and uniquely positioned to approach the complex issues of our clients making an impact worldwide."
Nelly has nearly 20 years of auditing, consulting and management experience working with companies worldwide. She currently leads the firm’s IT Audit practice which includes all service areas involving Cybersecurity, Privacy, System and Organization Controls (SOC). Nelly leverages her expertise in cloud security, information systems and controls into an array of topics in the Governance, Risk and Compliance field.
Nelly’s primary service expertise includes performing:
- SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3 audits
- ISO 27001 certification audits
- ISO 27001 internal audits
- HIPAA Agreed Upon Procedures
- Microsoft DPR assessments
Nelly’s client experience spans across various industries, such as consumer goods, finance and leasing, private-equity, high-technology and food and beverage. She works with a range of clients including privately held, pre-IPO, and public companies. Nelly’s experience includes serving as both an internal and external auditor for her clients. Prior to working in the professional services field, Nelly worked in both high tech start-ups and large corporations within IT and Engineering departments.
Nelly earned her Master’s in Business Administration in Finance and Accounting from University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business. A few of her professional distinctions and accomplishments include:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified ISO 27001:2013 Lead Implementor
- Member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Previous President and Current Board of Director Member of the ISACA San Francisco Chapter
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Member of the International Associate of Privacy Professionals